The Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County supports a broad range of community organizations and will celebrate its 20th Anniversary in 2017. To mark two decades of partnership with donors and worthy causes, the Foundation is awarding up to 20 grants throughout the county and throughout the calendar year 2017. They are our gifts to the community to underwrite events/activities that invite community participation, involvement, and inclusion.
Mead Downtown Development District Farmers’ Market: To support markets held throughout the summer. They will be held from 10 am to 1 pm at the town park until September 24th. To learn more, click here.
- Envision H’Art of Envision: To hold an art show that showcases paintings, ceramics and other types of media created by people with intellectual and developmental disabilities that participate in Envision’s Art Program. The showcase will be on October 6th from 5:30 to 7:30 pm at ArtWerks in Greeley.
- Soccer Without Borders: To hold a second community event.
- City of Greeley Museums: To host a Holiday Homesteaders event to be held on December 3rd from 10 am to 4 pm at Centennial Village Museum in Greeley.
- Colorado Dance Collective: To host the “Hot Chocolate Collective.” at the Northridge Highschool Auditorium
- Colorado Model Railroad Museum: For a free weekend. The weekend was held in January.
- Free Our Girls: To produce a week that will raise awareness of the issue of human trafficking. The week will be held in March.
- United Way of Weld County: To hold four screenings of the Film "American Winter" followed by a panel discussion on Homelessness. The screenings were held throughout Weld County in March and April.
- Weld County RSVP: For a law enforcement community appreciation event that was held in May.
- Windsor/Severance School District (in partnership with Grandview Elementary School): For a discussion called "Start the Conversation: Let's Talk About Mental Health" that was held in May.
- Greeley Historic Preservation Office: For a presentation on Musical Preservation Perspectives that was held in May.
- Soccer Without Borders: To hold an international food festival on July 21st at 6 pm.
- Colorado Humanities: To present a free educational event titled "From the Trenches to Technology: On the Brink of World War I" that was held on July 31st.
- Fort Lupton Rec Center: For free Friday nights during the summer.
- Life Stories Child & Family Advocacy: To hold a family carnival on September 9th.
- Arc of Weld County: To present a sensory-friendly film event at Kress Cinemas in Greeley on September 12th.
- City of Evans: To support their Heritage Day community celebration on September 16th from 7:30 am to 4 pm in Evans' City Park.