To mark this milestone year, the Foundation is awarding up to 20 grants throughout the county and throughout 2017. They are our gifts to Weld County to underwrite events/activities that invite community participation, involvement, and inclusion. Below is information about these community gatherings:
- Fort Lupton Recreation Center - Free Friday evenings: June 2nd to August 4th 5-8pm.
- Mead Downtown Development District Farmers’ Market - To support their Sunday markets during the summer. Markets begin on June 25th.
- Colorado Humanities - To present a free educational event titled “From the Trenches to Technology: On the Brink of World War I”: July 31st 6:00 pm and 7:45 pm at the Cornerstone building of Aims Community College's Greeley Campus.
- Life Stories Child & Family Advocacy – To hold a family carnival: September 9th from 9 am - 11 am.
- Arc of Weld County – To present a sensory-friendly film event: September 12th at 10 am, 1:30 pm and 5:30 pm at Kress Cinema.
- City of Evans – To support their Heritage Day community celebration.
- Envision H’Art of Envision - To hold an art show that showcases paintings, ceramics and other types of media created by people with intellectual and developmental disabilities that participate in Envision’s Art Program: October 6th 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm at Art Werks Studio/Gallery 924 8th Ave. Greeley
- Colorado VNA – To host “Aging in Place: A Community Conversation”: October 19th at 6:30 pm
- Soccer Without Borders – To hold an international food festival.
- Colorado Dance Collective – To host the “Hot Chocolate Collective.”
Events that are already completed:
- Colorado Railroad Museum: Free Weekend - January 20th
- Free Our Girls: Human Trafficking Awareness Week - March 20th to the 24th
- United Way of Weld County: Screenings of the Film "American Winter" followed by a panel discussion on Homelessness - March 30th, April 4, April 6th and April 11th
- Windsor/Severance School District: Awareness Event: "Start the Conversation: Let's Talk About Mental Health" - May 2nd and May 9th
- Greeley Historic Preservation Office: Presentation on Musical Preservation Perspectives - May 8th
- Weld County RSVP: Law enforcement community appreciation event - May 13th