To mark this milestone year, the Foundation is awarding up to 20 grants throughout the county and throughout 2017. They are our gifts to Weld County to underwrite events/activities that invite community participation, involvement, and inclusion. Below is information about these community gatherings:
- City of Greeley Museums - To hold a Holiday Homesteaders Event on Saturday, December 2nd from 10 am to 4 pm at Centennial Village Museum in Greeley.
- Colorado Dance Collective – To host the “Hot Chocolate Collective” on December 2nd at 4:30 and 6:30 pm.
Events that are already completed:
- Colorado Railroad Museum: Free Weekend - January 20th.
- Free Our Girls: Human Trafficking Awareness Week - March 20th to the 24th.
- United Way of Weld County: Screenings of the Film "American Winter" followed by a panel discussion on Homelessness - March 30th, April 4, April 6th and April 11th.
- Windsor/Severance School District: Awareness Event: "Start the Conversation: Let's Talk About Mental Health" - May 2nd and May 9th.
- Greeley Historic Preservation Office: Presentation on Musical Preservation Perspectives - May 8th.
- Weld County RSVP: Law enforcement community appreciation event - May 13th.
- Colorado Humanities - To present a free educational event titled “From the Trenches to Technology: On the Brink of World War I” - July 31st.
- Fort Lupton Recreation Center - Free Friday evenings in June, July, and August.
- Life Stories Child & Family Advocacy – To hold a family carnival: September 9th.
- Arc of Weld County – To present a sensory-friendly film event: September 12th.
- City of Evans – To support their Heritage Day community celebration on September 16th.
- Mead Downtown Development District Farmers’ Market - To support their Sunday markets through the summer.
- H’Art of Envision - To hold an art show in October that showcases paintings, ceramics and other types of media created by people with intellectual and developmental disabilities that participate in Envision’s Art Program.
- Soccer Without Borders – To hold a second community event in October.