(GREELEY, CO, July 20) The Arts Alive! Fund at the Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County recently awarded more than $10,000 to five Weld County artists. The grants, which award up to $3,500 to an individual artist, are offered to help them take the “next step” in their artistic development. All recipients are required to create a form of public exhibit to display the results of the grant. The following artists were awarded grants in this cycle:
- Mary Claxton to record and print an EP for the Trash Cat Trio.
- Abby Einer will complete a personal ceramic project.
- Alexis Ortiz will conduct a painting project on the destruction and regrowth of forests.
- Dan Rioz will create a documentary photographic project on artists in their studios.
- Lina Sanchez is planning an artist exhibition and film screening.
The Arts Alive! Fund was created in 2001 as a field of interest fund to support special interest projects in the visual, performing and literary arts. Since 2008, individual artist grants have been funded every-other year. For more information on the Arts Alive! Fund, visit our website at www.cfsgwc.org or contact us at (970) 304-9970.