(GREELEY, CO, July 24) The Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County announced grants totaling more than $8,500 to eight Weld County teachers who encourage and support experiential learning, enhance student understanding and increase student achievement. These grants are part of the Littler Youth Fund Teacher Mini-Grant program that supports teachers throughout Weld County.
The Littler Youth Fund, an endowment with the Community Foundation, was established in 1972 by Hubert and Mary Littler for the benefit of youth in Weld County. It has granted more than $3.3 million since that time. The teachers and projects funded in this distribution are:
- Marianne Crooks: Chick Hatching project at Tozer Primary School
- David Edwards: Aquaponics Gardening System at Fred Tjardes School of Innovation
- Amanda Gurney: Fine Motor Skills project at Harold S. Winograd K-8 School
- Eva Serrano: MakerSpace project at Dos Rios Elementary School
- Alethea Stadler: Artist in Resident/Mural project at Salida del Sol Academy
- Nancy Urban: Adaptive IB project for IFL students at Brentwood Middle School
- Larea Warden: PebbleGo Next at Harold S. Winograd K-8 School
- Eric White: Dissection Supplies at Imagine Charter School
Each year the Community Foundation Littler Youth Fund offers Teacher Mini-Grants to support eligible educators in Weld County. The program was established to provide grants to aid in the development of effective teaching strategies and projects by Weld County teachers. The next Littler Youth Fund Teacher Mini-Grant application deadline is scheduled for June 2019. See the Community Foundation’s website at www.cfsgwc.org for other upcoming grant application deadlines or contact the Community Foundation at 970-304-9970 for more information.
The Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County is a nonprofit, community corporation created by and for the people of Weld County. It exists to promote philanthropy and to help donors make positive, lasting impacts. Follow the Community Foundation on Facebook at The Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County and Twitter at @CommFoundGWC.